Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Twilight Series

Okay I have read all the books, and was completely engrossed in the pages. I have seen all the films as of yet, and I believe that each one got better. I am totally curious about how they are going to play out certain scenes in the movie that are in Breaking Dawn (the only book that had some "weird" moments for me, but some killer action) I don't want to go into specifics for those who haven't read or seen the movies yet. But really?? How will they pull it off? I think Stephanie Meyer put her own unique spin on vampires and werewolves and it paid off. I am as equally impressed with the cast that was chosen for the movies. Although I might not picture vampires sparkling in the sunlight myself, I am totally open to a new view on things as seen from the author's mind and Bella's eyes in these novels. Well done, Stephanie. Well done.

I know there's a big debate with Team Jacob or Team Edward. But, from the beginning I knew it was always Edward (played by Robert Pattinson) and Bella (played by Kristen Stewart). I just wish Bella had a sister for Jacob (played by Taylor Lautner), because even though I'm Team Edward part of me still rooted for the forlorn Jacob. Really you just want to be Bella. A handsome, vampire willing to die to protect you. Maybe not so much where you felt like dying because he left you (trying to keep you safe somehow) but then you find out why Jacob is so alluring during Edward's absense. Two for the price of one. I still laugh at the "Doesn't he own a shirt?" comment from Edward regarding Jacob. (He was looking rather ripped I must say)

I just fell in love with the Cullens altogether. Alice (played by Ashley Greene) is great. Her bubbly personality and quirky ways make me wish she was my bff. I was glad to see that Jasper (played by Jackson Rathbone) got a little more screen time in Eclipse. He seemed kinda constipated in the first film (but I suppose if I was trying to control my blood thirst I wouldn't look too hot either). However, I found him much more..dare I say? human in the next couple of films. Sometimes, a little back story and some action go a long way. Carlisle (played by Peter Facinelli) and Esme (played by Elizabeth Reaser) are perfect as the "adoptive parents" of these vampires who have all quit drinking human blood. I'm still kind of on the fence about Rosalie (played by Nikki Reed). But, I think Emmett (played by Kellan Lutz) has proven himself. Also, Charlie Swan (played by Billy Burke), Bella's father is a delightful mix of small town police chief trying to be a father to his now teenage daughter. He may need to work on a few things. But he does make the effort, plus he keeps Edward on his toes. The wolf pack and the Cullens are actually rather dynamic working together, when they face off with Victoria, Riley and her army of newborn vamps.

They each bring their own special something, and anything that makes me feel connected to a character is definitely worth the read or the watch.



No comments:

Post a Comment