Thursday, March 31, 2011

It never fails

Every time I'm in the car with the boys, they manage to find something to argue over. Whether someone looked at someone the wrong way, someone is singing too loud, someone took someone's superman toy, really whatever the reason. It is Never Ever quiet in a vehicle with my rugrats. So, I do what any other mom would do who's praying for silence, so that the heart-pounding migraine will subdue. I randomly start talking or singing in cartoon character voices, or popping off with an unpolished british, sometimes australian accent. I've tried my hand at a latino accent, but apparently I haven't eaten enough spicy foods to pull that one off. I do occasionally speak spanish every now and then. I really don't know why I do this, but I do. Which I think is why my then 8 yr. old told my bf at that time I was Mexican. And, every time I think of the conversation where I asked him "Tristan honey, why do you think I'm Mexican?" he replied "Because you are?" I can't help but laugh. Anyways, back to the subject at hand. If my boys are feuding like enemies planning their next attack (or maybe just like family) a little bit of "mommy comedy" goes a long way. They laugh and giggle and totally forget what they were fighting about until 5 minutes later when someone knocked someone else in the head with a toy "on accident". The power of  misdirection. It never fails.

No comments:

Post a Comment